Monday, January 23, 2006

Java Web Services Implementation using Oracle JDeveloper 10g

Finally I have finished my chapter 2 of my final project documentation. But it's subject to change due to revision from my lecturers. OK, that's not the main reason I post this blog :D

This day, I learned how to implement java web services using Oracle JDeveloper 10.1.2.1.0. Thanks to Arya Adriansyah :) I have successfully implement and publish it using OC4J. First of all, make a new Java class. Then, create a web service based on that class. Finally, publish the web services. Don't forget to install OC4J first (run "{ORACLE_HOME}\j2ee\home\java -jar oc4j.jar -install" from command prompt).

However, regarding the java web services implementation using Oracle JDeveloper 10g Release 3 and Eclipse 3.1.1 WTP, I haven't successfully published them. Maybe it's just a configuration matter, but I don't know. For now, I try to publish it using my own way. First of all, create the WSDL document using the IDE. Edit the WSDL document manually concerning the service location. It is located in "soap:address location" tag. Finally, copy the WSDL file to IIS virtual directory (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\). I use IIS since I know how it works better than other servers. I know this is not the best way, but it works!

I have also successfully consumed the web services (all of them) using a .NET client. Well, I just pick the fastest way to make the client program. It works well for whether the client program runs on local machine or on remote machine.

Regarding the documentation on analysis, some ideas come from one of my lecturer, Mr. Dwiaji. There are two main focus of my analysis. First, about the project planning and monitoring theory and how it relates with the Unified process. Second, about how to collect data from many places. It will start from the history when everything is done manually until it can be done automatically using web services. I also have to analyze where the web services should resides, whether in server side, client side, or both.

If you have any questions or may be corrections, please contact me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home