Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Thing or Two About Struts Framework

Based on my experience while doing my final project, there's a thing or two that we must remember while working using Struts framework.

First of all, please follow the Java coding standards. I've once have an error just because I use first capital letter on an attribute of a class. Eclipse did generate the getter and setter, but somehow the Struts can't recognize them. By changing it to lower case, problem solved. -Case closed-

Secondly, regarding checkbox(es), Struts ONLY sent data when the checkbox is checked. If you have a form with checkbox which checked by default and user unchecked it, somehow Struts doesn't detect the changes. To resolve it, you have to check the parameter using request.getParameter(""). If its value is null, the checkbox is unchecked. Otherwise, the checkbox is checked. -Case closed-

Actually, I still have some problems while using Struts framework. When I try to use struts-config.xml to configure database connection, it yields error code. In my final project, I put the database configuration in MessageResources.properties. I know this one is not good, but hey.. It works :p -guess it's not over yet-

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In my final project, I put the database configuration in MessageResources.properties. I know this one is not good, but hey.. It works :p -guess it's not over yet-"

how the hell did you do that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home