Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Web Service - jFreeChart Conflict

In my final project, I used jFreeChart to generate a gantt chart. Unfortunately, after I put the jFreeChart library, the web services can not be deployed. After searching in the internet, finally I got the answer. Somehow, one of the files in the jFreeChart library cause the error. The file is "gnujaxp.jar". It's a little bit weird since deleting the files solve the problem without causing new problem. The web services back to normal. It can be deployed successfully. On the other hand, the gantt chart can be generated successfully as well. Everybody's happy now :)

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger susan said...

hallo salma,
have u ever tried using this gantt chart in Forms Builder? I have also used the jfreechart in Jdeveloper to create a ganttchart. but i want to incoporate this into oracle forms.i want to be able to click a button in oracle forms at runtime to display the gantt chart by selecting data from an oracle database. Have you any help?
thanks

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

I only used the gantt chart in my Java code using Eclipse IDE. And that was 2,5 years ago. I haven't even done any programming stuff afterwards.

To be honest, I'm not familiar with the Oracle forms you mentioned. Meanwhile, as far as I know, as long as it is a Java-based code, you can use the jFreeChart API.

Assuming that java code is being used, with MVC (Model-View-Controller) approach, you can run a query to Oracle DB, load it to a "model" class, then you can process the data you've loaded using a "controller" class, and finally present the result in gantt chart format using a "view" class.

Hope it helps. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home